Why Buy American Made Products...
7 reasons to buy products made in the USA:
1. Keeping jobs in the USA gives you, a neighbor or family member a job. Remember it could be you or a loved one laid off next time.
2. Helps to keep America strong by having less dependence on foreign manufactures in times of global distress.
3. Money spent on foreign goods often goes to countries that do not especially like us. These countries are building their military and destroying their environment to feed our need for cheap imported products. This may eventually come back to haunt us.
4. “It’s the economy stupid”. Do you really think that whenever you spend 0.00 on foreign goods the third world country manufacturing it is going out and spending it on American made TV’s or computers. I don’t think so. A matter of fact I know a lot of companies that sell goods online and they never receive orders from China, Korea, Indonesia, etc. even though their populations are several times bigger than that of the US.
5. In the USA foreign companies are taking away market share from American companies. In a lot of foreign countries it is virtually impossible to sell to the general population due to patriotism, standard of living, substandard infrastructure for delivery purposes and apathy.
6. If a trade imbalance exists, the country has a deficit. This means a weaker dollar and less money to pass back and forth to generate taxes with. This means that the people working will have to withstand higher tax rates to keep up all the services people are accustomed to.
7. American pride and to support your country. Supporting your country is what helps to define you as an American. Many hundreds of thousands of people have given their lives in defending this great country of ours which has lead to our high standard of living and our individual freedoms. By sending your money overseas you will see a weakening US economy which will eventually lead to a lower standard of living for most Americans. We are starting to see this now even as the government continues to print money and the debt is over 12 trillion dollars. The US deficit in 2009 was 1.4 trillion out of a 14 trillion economy. This means that we have a deficit of 10% of GDP.
Did you see Diane Sawyer's special report?
They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .
There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally!
During the special, they showed truck loads of items - USA made being brought in to replace everything and were talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc.
It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent just more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs!
SHE SAID, I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART, ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA ' FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA ' I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.
Are we Americans as dumb as we appear -- or -- is it that we just do not think while the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets? 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?
DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA!
Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.
Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example.
The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.